Friday, August 26, 2005

Wearin' down

Well, I think I went and wore myself out. It's been non-stop for me for a while now, and today I woke up sick. I can't complain, though. Much of the stuff I've been doing has been kinda fun. Two nights ago, some friends from work, and my step-dad, went to Kclinger's for some good beer, and to see Guitar Shorty. Funny name, I know. He's not ALL that short, but short enough to be called Shorty, I suppose. And lemme tell ya, I know why he's called "Guitar." This guy played a blazing blues style that was jaw dropping at times. There were many highlights in the set, but for me two songs really stuck out. The first was an instrumental version of Curtis Mayfield's "People Get Ready" that almost made me cry. Like I said, it was an instrumental version, but I could almost hear singing. The other highlight for me was when Guitar Shorty played a blistering version of a song written by his younger but late brother-in-law. Yep, that was some rendition alright. The song? The song was "Hey Joe." Guitar Shorty's brother-in-law was a guy named Jimi. Jimi Hendrix. I had two beers, a Smithwick's (pronounced "Smiticks"), and something called Tupper's Hop Pocket, which was very hoppy. I liked it, but not everyone does.

In other news, the kids caught a Praying Mantis of about 4 inches in length. Very cool.

Alright, that's all I got. I'm going to go maybe eat something. I should drink something too. I got a sore throat going on. Maybe there's a Natural Cure "They" Don't Want Me to Know About, that I could take.

No comments: