Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Purple

I am sore today. But that's ok, because I passed my belt testing last night. And by "belt testing," I mean "tortuous ordeal of pain and screaming." My legs shook involuntarily, but I got it done, and am now beginning to sniff at the elusive black belt. Next up, brown belt.

For now though, rest. Rest, and be available more for other things, like family and friends, answering all my hate mail, and trying to figure out what happened to Erica's big ski adventure that just disappeared!

Ouch.... I'm going to wobble to the kitchen and make coffee. I hope nobody attacks me today, cuz I'm too sore to do anything about it!

--edit--

Forgot to mention that the kids graduated to new belt levels too!

(turn the sound down, many will no doubt find the music irritating... though maybe it will PUMP YOU UP? lol.)

Here's Cole busting two boards like they were nothing with a palm-heel strike at belt graduation.

How 'bout Conner drilling "down-block, punch" at his graduation?

And, Calle smashes through one board with a palm-heel strike!

Speaking of Calle, watch her roll this girl in class... they were working on defenses against the "ground and pound" type of attack. My camera putted out just before she broke her partner's guard (see how the girl has her legs wrapped around Calle? That's "the guard."). Calle and her partner are right smack dab in the middle of the room.

Keep practicing, kids.

No comments: