Monday, November 27, 2006

Hello, yeah, it's been a while...

My computer blew up. Yes, I mean it blew up. Crack, bang, pop, fizzle sizzle, smells like mom's cooking, blew up. Today the new Dell came. I know nerds, there's better, but this is a pretty nice machine and the price was right.

I've been trying to get this thing set up like I want it. Obviously I've reached the world wide web, but there's more I need to fix. For one thing, I'd like to get rid of all this extra junk that Windows XP has in order to "help" me. Ugh...

But more pressing is saving the info on my old hard drive. Here's my problem, techies (yep, you're nerds when I want to be quiet, and techies when I need your help) -- My old hard drive needs IDE cables, but the new Dell has the SATA type drive/cables. So, how's a guy hook up an IDE slave to an SATA master? I wonder do they have external thingies that I can use to plug the old drive into a USB or something? Help would be appreciated.

In other news...

Ever have one of those heart in your throat, nearly wet your pants, don't want to go into a room for fear of what you'll find, kind of moments? Here was moment like that tonight:

"Dad! Daniel got Cole's knife stuck in his mouth!"

It was not as bad as it sounded, all thanks be to the Good LORD.

That's it for now.

No comments: