Monday, January 24, 2005

More on the phone call...

A little more about the draining phone calls I mentioned in the last post. A family member called to let me know, among other things, that I'm stupid, a cheat, and that the only reason I'm a Christian today, is because this family member "loved Christ first." "I loved Christ first!" Now, I have a problem with this assertion for several reasons. First, I seem to recall a verse in the Bible that says that the only reason I'm a Christian because GOD loved ME first, but maybe I'm remembering that wrong. Second, as a Calvinist, I have a hard time with any assertion that anyone's salvation is procured by any mere human's love for God. Thirdly, all credibility was pretty much shot before this last thing ever happened, but the icing on the cake came near the end of the "conversation" when I was bid farewell with a hearty "So f*** you!" Anyway, that's how things have been going with my "loved ones." So, I feel pretty sick of it all, and very much estranged and alone. Oh well.

No comments: