Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hmmm...

I'm sipping my Vermouth and Bourbon, wondering why everyone's going with "Hmmm" as the title of their blog entry today. As I mentioned, we took a little trip over the weekend. We went down to see my dad again, who lives in a cool house in the mountains in Virginia. Daniel calls him "Happy Pappy Mountain Man." On Saturday, we drove along part of Skyline Drive, which was really cool. Pictures don't really do it justice, but here's the boys overlooking the Shenandoah Valley:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And the girls:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We stopped in at the visitors' center, where they had some stuff to buy, a short film about the Valley, and an exhibit about the wildlife in the area.

"Lookit dat cute bear, dad!"
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

There were some places to go hiking off of Skyline Drive, some places had waterfalls and stuff. Next time we go, we may plan to do some hiking. This time we were just scoping the place out.
We spent the Lord's Day with my dad, which was kinda nice. I guess that's about it for the trip. I mean, there's other stuff, but I don't wanna bore anyone or anything. Oh, one more thing. These same four deer came by my dad's place, every day, looking up towards the porch asking us to throw apples at them, so we did:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

In other news: This refridgerator we just got, it keeps breaking. I mean everything about it keeps breaking. The ice-maker, dead. Water was shooting out the front spontaneously, so we shut off the water. The control panel in the front shorted out. Not cold enough in the fridge. Today I noticed the door handle got cracked somehow. I hate this fridge and it makes me angry. Not as angry as my kitchen floor makes me (I TOLD YOU NOT TO ASK).

Tonight we ate grilled pizza, made with the recipe Mrs. K gave us, and while I was eating it I was reminded that I love my Christian friends and should be around them more.

Before we at grilled pizza, I went to karate class where a large man named Glenn beat me up good. Glenn's a physician, but all he did was cause me pain tonight. It was fun though, and what hurts today will be stronger tomorrow.

No comments: