Thursday, May 11, 2006

Testimony and Trials

Well, it looks like I'm going to end up having to go to a hearing tomorrow to lend my testimony (judge, lawyers, the whole shabang), in my continuing endeavor to save a man's life. It would not be proper to go into any details here, but this has to do with an incident occuring this past week that I was privy to involving a man with a gun and some very specific threats. This thing has been somewhat draining for me, emotionally and mentally speaking.

But roller-blading with the kids around the block was fun. I'm shocked at how well little Daniel does (he turns five next month). Things are always very busy around here, but I have to remember to do things like skate around with some kids for little while.

EDIT: I had to run to the kitchen quick just now. Which brings me to what I'm about to say. I want to take a moment and apologize to everyone for the coffee I made this morning. It's a little... well... strong. I know, I like it strong too. I'm talking about it being STRONG though, and with a slight burnt flavor. We acquired a new, and by new I mean very old according to age but new to us, stove top percolator. I'm still experimenting on how to use it right. This morning, for example, I learned that you can't just turn on the burner and walk away from it, go sit down, turn on the computer, log on to the blog, type up a quick paragraph about a difficult time that now involves a court date, etc., like you could with a coffee machine or plug in percolator. Why? Because stuff left on the stove BURNS like a disco inferno. So, sorry about the coffee everybody.

No comments: