Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Oh, what a night!

In the course of reading this my blog, one might be able to gather that my life does not always go smoothly (whatever smoothly is). However, I often do not share all of the details, but only little tiny bits and pieces. This is because although I do want my friends to know of my struggles and triumphs, that they might weep with me and rejoice with me, yet I do not want this to be a river of crying and self pity, nor do I want to uncover the nakedness of my loved ones by naming them. And so, sometimes things like I'm about to say will not always make sense, unless you know me "in real life" and can put two and two together (two taken from blog entries like this, and the other two provided by real life info). That being prefaced...

MAN did I have a lousy night last night! The evening I intended to have was to be something like this -- I stop by the karate school to pick the kids up and bring them home, eat a nice meal together with my family, maybe catch a quick rejuvinating power nap, spend some helping little Daniel perfect the art of bicycle riding, and maybe go to karate class myself or lift weights in my basement (depending on my mood), and then end the day with family worship, put the kids to bed, and have some "husband and wife time" as opposed to all the "mommy and daddy" time we put in having seven kids.

Ok, I was able to pick the kids up and bring them home. Sometimes the best made plans and all that. A phone call started it. I had to go help, as I wasn't going to let him go through this kind of thing alone. So I kiss my wife goodbye for the night, tell the kids "I have to go take care of something, daddy will be back soon," and down the road like a Greyhound.

Long long long story short short short: My evening involved two very drunk people, one of them hostile from the beginning, one of them growing more hostile as the night went on; confiscating bottles and bottles of oxycodone, ativan, and many other pills, some of which are unlabelled; police; an ambulance; a crisis intervention worker; suicidal threats; physical violence; coming ~this~ close to having to put a guy flat on his back to take an involuntary nap for our safety and for his own good; disgusting filthy stories and accusations; and a few hours of the most blasphemous, ugly, bizarre, heinous, malicious, nasty verbal abuse that I've ever been subjected to collectively in my whole life.

But, I'm home and safe, though a little tired, and a bit sick to my stomach. Could've been worse, for sure.

No comments: