Monday, September 25, 2006

AND WE'RE BACK!!!

We just got home from a trip. The first load of laundry is in, the neighborhood kids are all gathered around the house, on the porch, in our yard, to welcome us home, and I have a few minutes at the moment to write a quick note to let you all know that we were gone, and now we're back. I plan on sharing some things about our trip in the very near future. For right now...

I was in the restroom at a fast food place a few hours ago, and I noticed a page with writing on it in the urinal next to me. I squinted to try to read what it was. I was shocked and saddened to read the name of my Lord on the piece of paper... it appeared to be a page from either the Bible, or perhaps from the Book of Mormon, but it was my Savior's Name, that's for sure. I thought for a moment. If I saw my own name in a filthy urinal, I probably wouldn't bother to reach my hand in there and pick it out. My name, I confess, is worthy of such an insult as to be a target in a urinal. Besides, I would rather take the insult of having my name voided on, rather than putting my hand in something so vile. But this was not my name, but a far BETTER name, and one NOT deserving of this treatment, and so... in my hand went. The page was then properly disposed. So...

If you are the one that put a page of what appeared to be Scripture in the urinal of a fast food place's restroom in Green Castle PA, email me... I want to talk to you.

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

"To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life."

The Name which you depised is the only Name given under Heaven whereby you must be saved, and they way you treated it indicates that it is a savor of death unto death to you.

No comments: