Friday, July 22, 2005

A little taste of Hell

I got this little card in the mail. It says that until August 14th, I can go to a new local convenience shop and get a free coffee every day if I show the card to the cashier. So, this morning, before work, I stopped in for my free coffee. Alas! All of the coffee pots were empty, all the containers with the specialty coffees were empty, and the place was crowded with clamoring, angry, dissatisfied, unstatisfied people, expressing their displeasure and their desire to quickly depart from this place, but they could not leave (for their desire for coffee)! There was weeping and gnashing of teeth. I was very disturbed at the sight. I recall reading that all good things we receive on earth are simply channels through which we mediately enjoy God, and that Heaven is where we shall immediately enjoy Him. In this sense, the good things Christians enjoy on earth are little samples of Heaven. Well, I couldn't help but notice that this scene seemed like a little taste of Hell.

I went to the Cappuccino machine and filled up my cup with a French Vanilla. It was so sickeningly sweet that at work, after I finished half of it, I went upstairs to the cafeteria and filled up the cup with the nasty funky black coffee they make up there, and it was STILL too sweet. I repeated the process another time, and like Goldilox and the Three Bears, the third serving was just right.

In other news, I came home from work to find that the kids, while at home alone as my wife took the littlest ones in for a check up, accidently called the police out to the house, but after my eight year old explained to the officer that they were home alone, the cops left. This reminds me of how much I want one of these.

No comments: