Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Why, the nerve!

Today a woman loudly banged on my (open) office door with her cane -- *BANG!* *BANG!* *BANG!* -- and when I did not turn around, because I was busy working on something, she yelled, "What, are you people deaf?" Again, *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*! "Apparently you ARE deaf!" I turned around and said, "Oh, hi there." She mocked me, "Oh, hi there!" And after inappropriately nosing around to try to find out the work schedule of one of my co-workers, she "thanked" me for being "so personable." I could hear her making remarks to me as she walked down the hallway.

Look, people. I'm generally a pretty nice fella, easy to get along with. If you ain't an idiot, you and me are gonna do fine. And even if you ARE an idiot, we still have a good shot at being ok. But don't come banging canes and making fun of me, or you and me aren't going to be friends. Comprende?

In other news: Since I've been studying/practicing Karate again, I've not done any actual freestyle sparring. So, what's a good way to get Jerry back into the swing of things after a decade-plus off? Spar some high ranking black belts, back-to-back-to-back with no rest in between! Well, in my humble opinion, I don't believe I made a COMPLETE fool of myself, but I must say I have alot of room for improvement.

Felt like sparring the lady with the cane, I'll tell you that right now.

No comments: