Tuesday, July 05, 2005

My Exciting Day at Work

Unlike all you bums that had off yesterday, I went to work. Let me tell you about how busy the day was. First, you must understand that my work is crisis driven. That is, most of my job is waiting for something bad to happen. So, I guard the phones and wait for the next call, which could be someone on the other end saying, "I have a gun and I'm going to blow my head off," or "My daughter's cutting herself," or a nurse from an Emergency Room saying, "I'm looking for a psych bed for this lady who tried to overdose." Well, yesterday I answered the phone a grand total of once. That's ONE with a "C" in the middle of it. ONcE! As in, one call. It was the front desk receptionist calling to ask if I could unlock a door for some people -- I have a master key. The rest of the time I read, and practiced Seisan, Seiunchin, Naihanchi, Wansu, and Chinto Kata (with the door closed and the blinds down). Then my relief arrived, and I went home two hours early.

And that was my exciting day at work.

In other news:
The new Pope is still the Antichrist, and that Man of Sin.

No comments: