Thursday, October 13, 2005

Misc.

Me: Elisabeth, you're so cute I want to put you in my pocket.

Elisabeth: Me? In YOU'RE pocket? I don't know how I'm going to get in your pocket.

In other news --

Cole's birthday was yesterday. Rachel's is tomorrow. Mine's in February.

I got my eye on December as when I will be testing for my next belt (purple). So, I'm starting to focus again on pushups. This time I'm going to make sure I'm more ready with situps and wall-sitting too. My body's saying, "Ah, don't worry about it, just relax and take it easy." My mind is saying "You better start whooping into shape now, or you aren't going to pull it off."

Speaking of karate... it's a funny thing how sometimes if I'm having a good night it feels so good, like I really got this stuff down, and man, I pity the stiff that jumps me, but sometimes, like last night, I feel like I don't even belong on the floor with the other guys and I suck eggs. I don't golf. But I imagine that guys who golf have days when they feel like they can't be beat, and days when they can't hit anything. Maybe it's that way with everything.

The nunchaku. This month we started working with this weapon. It's kind of a scary one to learn, because the speed and force created by them makes it oh so simple to crack your own leg (shuddup, John!) or hand or head, or that of your neighbor, by accident. Kinda fun though.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day, it said "Elect Christ as Your King." I thought it was funny that someone was willing to use the word "elect," though in such a context. I wondered what kind of response I'd get if I talked with the driver of the car about how the Bible uses the word "elect." Maybe someday I'll get to find out. But for now, I must just wonder.

I heard on the radio that a certain professional football coach was taking time off due to a "heart infection." I thought to myself, "Heart infection. Yeah, it's called SIN, and I have it too."

I have it too.

No comments: