Thursday, November 24, 2005

England Daniel, Coffee and Sobaheg

Hello,
Yeah, it's been a while.
Not much.
How 'bout you?

Anyone else remember England Dan and John Ford Coley? Fast fact: England Dan's last name is Seals. Dan Seals. His brother, Jim Seals, was one half of Seals and Croft, of "Summer Breeze" fame. "Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing throught the jasmine in my mind." Ahh, who cares!

I'm just stopping in with a thought about my boy Daniel. Daniel likes to hand out compliments. To his mom, he says things like, "Mom, I love you. You're so beautiful. You look so pretty when you wear dresses." Well, today, Daniel said to me, "Dad, you're really big. You could stomp on somebody." And I'm like, (in my best Arkansas Josh accent), "Dern straight, boy. You best not forget it neither!"

Wanna know the secret to my "Winter Blend" coffee? I know it's not winter yet, but there's some snow on the ground, and it's cold, hence IT'S WINTER. So, we've been using a percolator thingy to make coffee, and it makes the best coffee ever. Pay attention, Brother John. This will make you love coffee. I put the coffee grounds in just like you ordinarily would. Then a half a spoon or so of Hazelnut coffee (not too much, we ain't making Hazelnut coffee!). Then, right on the grounds, sprinkle some Cinnamon, some Pumpkin Spice, and some Nutmeg. Again, not alot, just some. Percolate that and enjoy the smell. Pour your cup, smell it some more. Mmm... then add your sugar, cream, whatever you like to do. Oooh, so good. In the words of Robert Johnson, "The stuff I got'll bust your brains out, baby, wooo hooo!"

In other news: Had a bout with a stomach thingy the other day. Knocked me down for about 24 hours. But when I recovered, my pectoral injury was HEALED. So, back to the pushups, I only have a month left to get in the tippy topiest shape I've ever been in. No more 465 pushups a day though, I don't want to hurt myself again.

Ok, raise your hand... who's having Sobaheg today?

No comments: