Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Fairwell, virtual-bro.john!

Well, he finally went and did it. Bro. John has dropped out of the world wide web. And you know what? I can't say I blame him. I stop and think sometimes... If I didn't have "a web presence" (as John put it), I wouldn't get hate mail, I wouldn't get into nearly so many arguments with folks, and I believe I might be more peaceful in my mind. As I'm about to change some of my links (cuz some of them were to John's now kaput sites), I wonder how some people do it. Take one of my new favorite bloggers, Paul Manata, for example. He can be found at various times writing detailed and careful logical arguments and refutations against atheists, hyper-preterists, and all kinds of commenters on his blog. How does the man find the time to interact with all these people? I have emails that are months old that have fallen into the "I'll get to it when I have the time" file. But time is not the only issue. How 'bout the mental stress? I get stressed out arguing with every Jack Knowitall that comes across a blog entry or a post or whatever that I've written. It drives me nuts sometimes. Some people do it well, like I believe Paul M. does. Me? Oh, I don't know. I've not been on my best behavior on the web, for sure. And I'm not proud of that.

Then I get to thinking of all the friends, virtual and actual, virtually actual, and actually virtual, that I've come across by way of the World Wide Web. Oh, I've found some enemies too, sure. But man, the friends... I wouldn't give a one of them back. Thanks web-friends! 'Sup Josh! Hey Jason and Liz! Thinking about ya, DJ. What do ya say, Shawn! How can I forget Whiskeyfoxypoptart and sister Okiedokiesmokiejo! SusanandCrew meet Bander! I know I didn't name everyone, but I love ya anyway. Yeah, I guess it's worth it. I'll stick around a little while.

In other news: The new baby is due 1/28, that's not too far away. SO QUICK, GIVE US SOME NAMES FOR THIS CHILD!

Speaking of philosophy, I've been wanting to bone up on some good Christian philosophy. I've read, and listened to, some debates recently, including the Great Debate. I also just finished reading Gordon H. Clark's Three Types of Religious Philosophy, except for the last page, WHICH IS MISSING IN MY COPY! Someone send me the last page please. Now, before people jump on my case over the Van Til/Clark thing, just hold up. I don't know much about the whole thing, and I've not framed an opinion as of yet. I'm a noob, understand? At this point I just want some basic Christian Philosophy to read or listen too. Pointers?

Back to Bro. John. Now that he's left the virtual world, and is spending much more time in the real world, I suppose it's time for me to be a real friend to him. Someone once sang, "I've been one poor correspondent. I've been too too hard to find." Yep, that's me. It's high time I give him a call, and meet up with my ol' pal the good old fashioned way... in real life.

No comments: