Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Quick Update

To everyone who prayed, and who has been praying, for my father and for me, thank you so very very much.

My dad was released from the hospital today, and a friend picked him up and took him back home to the mountains of Virginia. Good news is he's stable enough to be discharged, bad news is... well, now he's alone in the mountains of Virginia. The plan is to arrange some in-home nursing for a while until he can get up and about on his own. For now, he's pretty much restricted to his bed, except for some treacherous ventures to the bathroom or other such short and brief trips (well, let's hope not "trips," as I can picture him falling and laying there for a long time, which would not be good).

Well, that's all I got right now.

In other news: A lady I talked to today, who was, oh, let's just say not quite in her right mind, made an odd comment to me. She said that Thomas Aquinas wrote that it was ok to commit fornication if the purpose was to keep you from freezing. She said Aquinas said that would be no sin. I never heard that... I'm only familiar with Augustin's comments on rape. Does anyone have a clue on this one?

No comments: