Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What a day so far...

Deep freeze, exploding transformers, fire engines, power flickering, and puke.

I stayed home from work. Not because I can't drive in the snow - I actually like driving in the snow. But because Jesse was up barfing all night, and is still going strong today. More than one transformer blew up on nearby power lines -- I could see the explosions from my window. The power flickered and there was a very strange noise, along with the crackle-BOOM. They'll likely be killing the power around here to fix it. So, I didn't want to leave my wife with sick chillins, potentially in the dark, alone. So, out to shovel snow, which is HEAVY because of the freezing rain that it's been soaking up. I helped push our local Snoop Dog's car out of his parking spot. I feel a bit worn out right now. Maybe I should have went to work to relax. Cole spotted a bright red cardinal in the hard. It was sitting in our crab apple tree, looking like a painting or something (what with all the snow around). It looked like something Amanda would take a picture of and win a contest with. Speaking of Amanda... how does a slob like me get invited to view her blog now that it's gone VIP only?

No comments: