Monday, October 04, 2004

Mundane and Coltrane.

"You don't come over. You don't help me. I know you hate me."

~~ Some of the bizarre and intoxicated statements made to me last week as I was visiting someone, bearing gifts. Sigh. No good deed goes unpunished.

I've not been in a mood to write much lately. I guess I don't really have much to say, except boring stuff like I'm planning on getting a haircut tonight, and I tried a Vodka Martini for the first time the other night and I liked it. Next time I'll try Gin. In two weeks we're heading down to Virginia for a few days, to see my dad who built his new house overlooking the Shenandoah Valley. That should be fun. But before that, we have two birthdays in the house -- Rachel's and Cole's. I think I'm gonna get Rachel two cheese steaks, and Cole some swedish fish. Well, I still have some more time to think about it.

I stopped by the "Jubilee Shop" which is a local thrift shop. I found an unopened Duke Ellington "Live at the Newport Jazz Festival" album, on vinyl, for $0.25! It was so old that in the inside sleeve there's this list of why vinyl is the superior medium for music. It said stuff like "Records are better because choosing to play an individual track is easy! Just pick up the arm and put it down where you want to start listening." I took it home and got the ol' turntable spinning. That was quite nice. I'm only very recently looking into Jazz, and I'm kinda easing my way into it. So finding some old Duke Ellington was good because he's not so experimental or harsh, as say... Coltrane. I'm not ready for Coltrane yet, but Ellington is kinda nice.

Alright, that's all I got right now.

No comments: