Monday, October 11, 2004

My shoulders are still sore.

I noticed it's been a full week since I blogged last! The week flew by, very busy, very hectic at times. Ok, so here's what we did over the weekend:


We went hiking with our friends at "Govenor Dick," which for you real hikers is not really hiking, I suppose. But for us out of shape Waybrights, it's a hike and a half -- especially when carrying a kid or two.


The destination at the peak of the hike is a tower of about... hmm... 60 feet high or so. Noticing the sign, I had to convince my wife to put away the ropes and straps. We would have to put off rappelling for now.


Here's the view of the Lebanon Valley from the top of the tower.


Elisabeth and Jesse didn't climb the ladders up to the top of the tower, but my 4 weirdest kids did. I'm thinking of acquiring a cage like this as it could prove useful in certain situations.


Daniel descends the ladder, so Mommy can have a turn climbing up while Daddy watches the babies. Daniel ended up going right back up with Mom.


That's my wife and the 4 oldest kids at the top of the tower. Wave hello!


While I waited on the ground with the babies, Elisabeth got hold of the camera, and took a picture of Jesse and me. And that's what we did on Saturday.

No comments: