Thursday, October 28, 2004

Trick or treat, or barf.

I went to work today, fully meaning to finish my shift out strong, but as the day went on, it became apparent that the illness which had befallen everyone in my family besides me and Daniel, only has Daniel left on it's "to do" list. My gut felt like I swallowed a big rock. The greener I got, the more my co-workers started telling me that maybe I should go home. So, that's where I am now. I feel like garbage. Here's the thing though... as nauseous as I am, I cannot seem to vomit. Sorry for grossing out my lady readers. Now, think about this. What would be more great than a visit from the in-laws when you're feeling this way? Furthermore, the little woman made chile for dinner (apparently in an effort to due me in once and for all, but alas the plot failed as I did not partake).

In other news, it was trick or treat night tonight. One of the popular costumes in the neighborhood was the popular and beloved witch. I told the kids that we should dress up like New England Puritans and chase the witches with nooses and torches. I, of course, was not able to chase down too many witches as my back and legs ache along with the nausea. Maybe next year.

No comments: