Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I work in a Psych-Hospital!!!

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate that he wasn't actually trying to hurt anyone but himself. I'm guessing this kid is about 250 lbs, and when my co-worker and I opened the door to the unit, here comes that 250 lbs or so trying to plow his way out the door. His stated goal: To go kill himself. Well, any God-fearing man, and even many non-God fearing men, would not let someone follow through with such a miserable plan. So, the result is providentially staying at work for an extra 1 and 1/2 hour to "intervene" with this strapping lad. My arm, my left hip, and my back are sore -- getting old I guess -- but no one was any more seriously hurt and that we can thank God for. Now I have to lift my tired sore body out of this chair to go get some coffee. Back to the grind in about a half-hour. Good day, everyone. And may God keep you safe today!

No comments: