Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Long December, and other rants.

"A long december and there’s reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last"

~~ A. Duritz.

I just haven't figured out what the reason is, I guess. There are many reasons why I hate this time of year. It's dark, which makes me feel lonely. It's cold, and I hate being cold. I hate Christmas and New Years even from my childhood. Drunkenness and lechery, disappointments and fighting, stupid people and tiny lights (both give me headaches). Oh, how I hate this time of year. As the years go by, it just seems like I have more and more memories and feelings and thoughts provoked by these long Decembers that make me feel sick. I'm tired and worn out from picking up extra shifts throughout this past month to cover for all the Christmass keepers, and I'm sure that's not helping how I feel. Man, I can't stand my kitchen floor (don't ask!). I've been thinking about moving, just so I never have to see it again. Oh, and my dreams. Don't get me started on the dreams I've been having. If my cat keeps peeing on stuff I'm gonna shoot him. You know what really hurts my back? My chair at work, that's what. It's been broke for like a year now, and I've asked for a replacement, noting that it would be cheaper for my employer to pay for a new chair than it would be to pay for back surgery, but... same chair, same sore back.

Okay, enough of that now. Let's end this post on a positive note:

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."

No comments: