Friday, December 24, 2004

X-mas and Stockings

Boy is it slow at work so far today... whew. Funny how even "mental illness" seems to take a break on the holidays. We're working with a skeleton staff, which always includes me since I could not care less if I have off this time of year, and there is still nothing to do. Wouldn't it be nice if Lord's Days were like this? Everybody stays home from work, everybody taking a timeout from the noise of this crazy world, everybody (though mostly lipservice) thinking about, talking about, worshipping, JESUS -- yes, that would be nice. Oh, but no. This nation, along with the rest of the world, has chosen their HOLY DAY, and the Lord's Day lost that election.

In other news: Sometimes I feel empty, unloved, ugly, worthless, like a total screw-up... but then I have to chuckle when I realize... I'm wearing my wife's socks.

No comments: