Monday, March 21, 2005

Springing

For those of you who believe in the "four seasons theory," the calendar dictates that it is now Spring. Yippee! Time for bunnies and robins and blue skies and sunny days and cool breezes. How am I celebrating? It's push-up day. On my Karate off-days, I'm working on my push-ups and tricep dips. My goal is to get up to 85 push-ups in one shot. Ridiculous for an out of shape married guy like me, I know, but stop laughing. Here's how I'm doing it. Day one -- 3 perfect pushups, over and over throughout the day until I get past 85. After a day of rest, cuz the muscles have to rest to get stronger, Day two is again 3 perfect pushups, again and again, all day long until I get past 85. More rest. Day three is sets of 4 all day long until past 85. Today is day four, and I'm doing sets of 5. I'm figuring that when I'm further along with this schedule, I'll be doing 30, 40, 50, 60 at a pop. Speaking of bunnies, how's this for some Yin and Yang: Bunny Tracks Ice Cream. It's named after bunnies, and has little bunny candies in the ice cream, so Bro. Bunnyloving will enjoy it (Yin), but it's full of chocolate which will give Bro. Lovingbunny a near heart attack (Yang). Oh the cruel irony!

No comments: