Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms... sounds like the ideal convenience store.

Alcohol: I've been active in the Beer Exchange Program. Half a case of Appalachian Brewing Company's Jolly Scot Scottish Ale got me half a case of Smithwick's Irish Ale (pronounced like "Smitticks," unless you wanna sound like a beer dummy). Then, two of those Jolly Scots got me one bottle of Victory Hop Devil, and one bottle of Weyerbacher Old Heathen from a buddy at work, both of which beers, despite their poorly chosen diabolical names, I can't wait to try.

Let's take it to the HNL (Whole 'nother Level) and talk about Whiskey. A couple months ago, I sent my wife out to the State Controlled Alcohol Dispensary to replenish our supply of Knob Creek 9 Year, which at that point had become my favorite bourbon. Instead, she came home with a bottle of something that was on sale. I was disappointed, but decided to try it before I yell and throw things. Mmm... oily, citrusy, with a little bite, and another little bite, and lots of little bites. Ok, I might like this... BETTER. My current favorite bourbon is now Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 Year Old. Get some, now. While you're out buying bourbon, pick up a bottle of Maker's Mark, too. Smells like vanilla, burnt oak, yumminess.

Tobacco: Got me a new pipe. A Lucca Arancio bent pipe. I'm stuffing it with some tobacco called Old Leatherneck that I get at my local pipe shop. It tastes and smells like leather, and I'm told it's in the "English Natural" family of tobaccos.

Firearms: I need to get out and shoot my S&W .357 Magnum Revolver. It's been too too long.

IN OTHER NEWS:
"I feel like a mere mortal now." -- A woman at work after finding out that I have seven children.

No comments: