Saturday, April 22, 2006

Day Out

First off, yeah, what she said!

Now that that's out of the way... We loaded up the van and went to visit my grandmother today. She's at a retirement community now, and I can imagine it can get kind of lonely and boring there. So, we spent some time just being there, smiling at her, letting her hold and hug and kiss her great-grandchildren. It was very nice.

After that, we went to the Sweetest Place on Earth™ to check out the newly renovated Chocolate World. The renovations are ok, nothing earth shattering. There are more singing cows than you can shake a stick at, that's for sure. Speaking of shaking sticks... there was apparently some big cheerleading convention in town or something, because the place was filled with young girls dressed quite inappropriately. I mean, it was cold and raining outside, and there they were wearing next to nothing. It's terrible, I know, but females DO NOT need to take their clothes off, as men have a hard enough time keeping them dressed in their minds already, understand me? So, while we're standing in line these countless teenage cheerleaders, along with their parents, start cheering stuff like, "We want chocolate (clap clap ~ clap clap clap)! We want chocolate (clap clap ~ clap clap clap)!" And I'm like "Put some clothes on (clap clap~ clap clap clap)! Put some clothes on (clap clap ~ clap clap clap)!" I turn to my daughter and say, "That's why we signed you up for Karate, get it? So you know how to chop and kick these kinds of people." The free candy at the end is always nice.

No comments: