Wednesday, June 01, 2005

"I have no idea, Mr. Waybright"

I'm online! I'm online!

It seems like longer, but shortly after posting here yesterday morning, we all the sudden couldn't connect to the internet.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, I did some trouble shooting, checking all my wire connections, unhooking stuff, yelling at the kids and throwing things at my wife, until finally today I decided to call my ISP. After going through some kind of check list which included all the "duh" type things like, "Is your computer on?" "Have you checked our website's help section as to why you can't get online?" Etc. Finally, with me making no changes, the guy says "Try it now." And BAM! I'm on. So I asked what was wrong on their end, since they fixed it from their end. Silence, for about one solid minute. Then, "Anything else I can help you with, sir?" Um, yes. What was the problem and how did you fix it? "I have no idea, Mr. Waybright."

I guess I kind of expect people to lie to me, but must you do it by feigning kindness? That just makes me angry.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Oh, well. I'm online, yes! I'm online!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: