Friday, June 24, 2005

Nightime excitement

I'm fixing myself a Martini, when all of the sudden...

SCREEEEEEECH... BOOOM!

I run outside, phone in my hand to see what's up. A young kid ran his car right up the back of an older fella's car. "Is everyone ok?" Yes, everyone's ok. The older fella is holding his neck, but he says he's ok. My wife brings a cup of water for the man. The whole neighborhood seemed to show up to "help." And by help, I mean curse at on coming cars for not slowing down, and challenging the drivers to fight when they yell back at them. One guy suggested that one of the passers by do something vulgar to both his own self and the horse he rode in on. I noticed not one horse during this entire occassion, but it was dark and maybe it snuck by me. Anyway, the police showed up and took care of things. Funny, last night a cop sat at the intersection all evening, pulling everyone over that ran the stop sign at this very intersection.

Mmm, back to my Martini (gin, not vodka, with FOUR olives, yum!)

No comments: