Saturday, June 17, 2006

DONE (with part one)

Bam! I'm back from the test, and I completed the ordeal, it's done. I'm awful tired though. In the space of one hour: 85 pushups, 85 situps, 65 tricep dips (off the edge of a chair), sitting against the wall with legs together x 3 1/2 minutes, and legs apart 3 1/2 minutes, and finish it all off with a 1.5 mile run. I felt good, no side stitches, no albuterol, not too much pain. Next up, the actual karate portion of the test -- show what I know.

I think these tests are good for me, as they are opportunities for me to practice getting through difficulties, what I falsely perceive to be my own limitations, and my own fears. I'm thankful to God for granting me strength, not only for this manufactured practice trial, but for all trials in this life.

No comments: