Monday, June 05, 2006

Health Food

Now I'm not a health food nut. I like me a good greasy burger, made out of whatever McDonald's makes them out of, any day of the week, twice on Thursdays. I don't care what the cow ate, if the steak tastes good. And don't tell me what the Chinese are using to make the won-ton "sausage," because I don't care cuz it's yummy. However, let me tell you about two things.

1. Whey Protein. I've been drinking one or two whey protein drinks a day. I mix a scoop (20 grams of protein) into a big cup of raw milk (how much protein's in a glass of raw milk???). Funny thing is that I seem to have gained a bit of weight, though everyone tells me I'm looking skinnier. Seems like I'm building muscle, losing fat. Cool thing about whey protein is that it has satiability, so it's like drinking a meal as far as hunger goes.

2. Raw Honey. Rachel's been taking a teaspoon or two of this daily for a couple months now, and her allergies (burning eyes, stuffy nose), which are normally very bad, have been very much under control (as in almost gone).

So, keeping in line with Willena and Cheryl's daily updates on what they ate, here's my breakfast so far this morning: 2 cups of coffee, sweetened once with raw honey (I usually sweeten my first cup, and just pour hot coffee into it without adding sweeetener for subsequent cups, not for health reasons, but perhaps just laziness), and 200 pushups. I'm not done with breakfast today though, I plan on a glass of milk and whey soon. Oh, and more coffee.

No comments: