Thursday, May 27, 2004

The Benefits of Genetic Disorders

I stepped on a scale at work the other day, to find that I am down to 201 lbs. Before I got sick back in December, I was pushing 220 lbs (on this 6' 1'' frame, mind you). After having my entire system "reset" with my illness, the weight continues to come off, and I'm not doing anything consciously to do it (ducking as the jealous haus fraus throw pots and pans my way)! There was a woman at work who saw me weigh myself. She asked me what the results were. When I told her that I've lost almost 20 lbs doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, she... well... did an unkind gesture at me with her hand. Glad to see folks so willing to share in my blessings! Welp, I'm off to finish my coffee, eat an unhealthy breakfast, and smoke my pipe. When I get home I might continue my "weight loss program" by finishing off my last Guinness.

No comments: