Wednesday, May 05, 2004

House of nuts and cats

Last night ended kinda hectically. Kids wanted to lip off, which makes me angry. I accidentally broke a bowl while scrambling to get the kitchen cleaned up so we could have worship and go to bed. Worship did not go very well, either – kids screaming, babies crying, alarms going off, sirens, flashing lights, bottles flying. Sometimes being in my house is like Song of Solomon 6:11 – “I went down into the garden of nuts.”

Speaking of which, the vet says we should get a urine sample from the cat. Please tell me if there is something more difficult than collecting a urine sample from a cat, cuz I can't think of any. They say putting gloves on an octopus is hard, but I’d rather try and do that. The thing about cats is that they do whatever they want. Ever try to give a cat a pill? They recommended locking the cat in room with a clean litter box. Isn’t this like saying the solution to the problem is the problem itself? We ~don’t~ want the cat to pee all over the place, and so the answer is to lock the cat in a room with a clean litter box? Can I do that at your house, Dr. Vet? Thanks.

No comments: