Friday, May 14, 2004

Free Ride

There are a bunch of guys tearing up the property directly across the street from our place. They ripped up all the unruly hedges, tore off the ugly blue siding off the main building, replaced the windows, and tore down the monstrosity of a garage. Lo, and behold, inside the garage lay a treasure... an old dilapidated Honda motorcycle. I'm sitting on my porch smoking a pipe, reading Calvin's commentary on Isaiah, and I go, "Hey Mike," for that's the name of the foreman in charge of the crew, "Hey Mike, did you find that bike in the garage?" He says, "Yeah, it's free if you want it." So, now the bike's in ~MY~ monstrosity of a garage!

As previously noted on this blog, I'm not exactly Mr. Fixit. But maybe me and the boys have a fun project to work on. Here are some pics:


motor up close Posted by Hello


side view Posted by Hello

What do you's think? Bonehead move, or bonus acquisition?