Tuesday, September 14, 2004

My next post.

"...he not busy being born is busy dying." ~ Bob Dylan.

My clothes barely fit me anymore. I'm down to my tightest belt loop, and I have to sinch my pants on tight or they'll slide right off. It's kind of nice, but it concerns me sometimes too, as I'm not doing anything to purposefully lose weight, and yet I've lost about 25 lbs thus far. I hope I'm not busy dying.

I've purchased Jeremiah Burroughs' The Evil of Evils, and I highly recommend it. It's fairly easy reading, the chapters are short enough to read several in one sitting, and the subject matter is very very important. Burroughs demonstrates that sin is the greatest evil, and is to be feared, hated, and avoided above all other evils. Buy the book, you'll benefit from it. It'll help you make sure your busy being born, and not busy dying. While you're at Soli Deo Gloria, ask for the free book Why Read the Puritans.

I've been working extra shifts here and there to help make some more scratch. I've worked a few double-shifts, a nightshift (that was horrible... I still have PTSD from working the graveyard shift for 10 years), and this week I'm working an extra day, so I only have Lord's Day off. Too bad, as my buddy asked me to come shooting with him, and it doesn't look like I'll have time to join him. Time, time, time.

Got my annual TB test today, late as usual. Now that's excitement, people.

No comments: