Saturday, September 11, 2004

Past Lickdale

Lickdale, PA. No matter where my grandmother is giving directions to, she always begins with "You know where Lickdale is? You go past Lickdale." Everything is past Lickdale. Today, some members of my side of the family gathered at an eating establishment at Twin Grove to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. Which birthday? I heard guesses ranging from 72 to 79, so take your pick. Anyway, how do you get to Twin Grove? Why, it's past Lickdale. Sure enough, we drove past Lickdale and there it was. We even noticed a sign inside that said "Twin Grove Campgrounds -- past Lickdale." Think about it... no matter where you're going, you must always be going past Lickdale... UNLESS...
you already ARE past Lickdale. Either way, past Lickdale is applicable. The day was nice. The Feed the Waybrights Fund received a nice contribution which should help pay for our oppressive medical bills that were racked up when Calle had her eyes operated on, and when I was mysteriously ill in late December/early January. Our family got down on our kneeses and thanked God for this special provision. Soon, we may be able to purchase some beer, but the Beer Fund is secondary to the Feed the Waybrights Fund.

In other news... Daniel looked my dad straight in the face and asked, "Are you black?" I about fell off my chair.

No comments: