Saturday, June 26, 2004

Other people's kids

I know my kids aren't perfect... I won't name names, and I'll leave it at that. But if one more loud, obnoxious, Ritalin-addicted neighborhood kid makes my yard their hangout, someone's getting smacked. Alright, it's one kid in particular that is irksome to me and my wife, but it seems that our house has become the hangout for all the kids in the neighborhood... probably because most of the kids in the neighborhood live in my house to begin with. It's like running a public pool and snack shop or something... except WHERE'S MY MONEY? One kid gets dropped off as if we're baby sitting or something. The dad walks up to the door with the brat, um, with the little girl, and asks she can play with my kids. We say "they're out back in the yard," and the dad releases the kid and disappears for hours. Once I about fell off my chair when another kid cursed in reference to little Elisabeth. GRRR... LOOK PUDGE, WE DON'T TALK LIKE THAT IN THIS HOUSE, SO TAKE YOUR NASTY MOUTH BACK HOME WHERE YOUR MOM OR WHOEVER IT IS THAT YOU LIVE WITH CAN WASH IT OUT WITH... ah, nevermind. If you were disciplined there wouldn't be these problems. Just go home... NOW. "Hey, can I have a freezer pop?" And who's kid are you? No, you may not have a freezer pop, I'm feeding enough mouths without feeding yours. What to do. I want the kids to have friends, and I sure as all get out don't want my kids hanging out in other people's houses and yards, at least not from the current list of potentials.

What to do, what to do...

No comments: