Friday, June 04, 2004

Re-introduction

Normally I blog more times in one day than most do all week long, but it's been a little while now. I feel the need to re-introduce myself. Hi, my name is Jerry, and I'm a raging Calvinist.

I had the opportunity to work some extra hours the past few days, and, because I owe so much in our family's recent medical bills, I took advantage of earning a little extra cash. So, I've been both busy and tired.

Random things of interest:

1. For those of you who enjoy goofy music, like I do, there's Dana's Downloadable Album of the Month, and this month it's an old instrumental album of Beatles music -- complete with Hammond organ! Tasty stuff.

2. A few new pics of the family are up.

3. Sadly, my wife's grandmother (Dorothy) is on her deathbed. Her kidneys (one of which had been dead for a while) have now both stopped working. She is unable to hold down food, and is not able to receive food via IV either. My wife and the three oldest kids are visiting her as I type this. I'm home with the two youngest (one of which is still napping, Elisabeth is now up and having some pizza). Please remember Dorothy. The doctors are saying her death will likely occur within the next two weeks, maybe sooner. Pray for a good, productive, spiritual use of the deathbed, that God's saving grace and forgiving mercy may be found there.

That's all for now, friends.

No comments: