Friday, July 23, 2004

Daniel's poem and Matthew Henry's Death

A poem, by Daniel (3 years old).

He kiss my nose.
He bite my nose.
Will he bite my eye?

In other news: Matthew Henry is dead. Yes, he is dead. I do not mean that he does not live forever in the presence of our Lord, no, in that sense, he lives, for the Lord is the Lord of the living. I've seen several times now people quoting Matthew Henry's Commentary on Romans, 1st Corinthians, Ephesians, Colossians, Revelation, etc., and they do so by saying "Matthew Henry wrote...". There's a problem here folks. Matthew Henry died before completing his Commentary on the New Testament (He died after completing the Book of Acts, I believe). The rest of the New Testament Commentary bearing Matthew Henry's name was written by other folks. So, go back and change it, people. Because Matthew Henry did NOT write it. I would like to announce that I will soon be completing Calvin's Commentary on Revelation. When it is finished, you guys can quote it and say "Calvin wrote" or "Calvin says."

No comments: