Friday, July 30, 2004

Gravity

One of my least favorite activities, but one that my wife seems to frequently have me doing, is hanging ceiling fans. May main problem is gravity. If you're working on the ground and you drop something, it falls a few feet at most. Bend over and pick it up. No big deal. But with hanging a ceiling, when you drop something, you must climb all the way back down the ladder, get the thing you dropped, and climb back up. Since everything we use is made by the Chinese who hate Americans, all the screws and parts are designed to be difficult to assemble, so as to drive us nuts on purpose. Here's what I've come up with. If I could just suspend gravity for about 10-15 minutes, I could get a ceiling fan up fairly easily. So, don't be afraid if things suddenly fly in the air for a short time. It's not the rapture. It's just me trying to put up a ceiling fan.

No comments: