Thursday, July 08, 2004

My family ain't that big

Yesterday's attempt to fish was cut short by the thunderstorm passing through, so we all loaded up and went to Old Country Buffet. In there, as my pregnant wife and I were getting the other five kids situated, we noticed a family of... 1, 2, 3, 4,.... 11 children. We went over and introduced ourselves, and it appears we have much in common. We both (obviously, I guess) believe that it is God that opens and closes the womb, and therefore it is a great sin to be willfully barren. We both homeschool and would never have so many children only to turn them over for antichristian government indoctrination. They have their babies at home like us, though they do not even use a midwife, and we use a midwife. But there were some things in which we disagreed with. Scott, the head of this family, actually warned me against Calvinism, and I did my best to quickly correct his false statements about it. They seem to be charismatic of some stripe or another, and were planning on attending a Landmark Baptist Church service after dinner (but they are not worshipping anywhere regularly at the moment). We exchanged phone numbers, as I know it can be lonely having a big family, as most people just kinda get scared of you! We'll see what happens.

No comments: