Monday, July 12, 2004

Tolerance towards other religions

Sometimes one's faith can get shaken a bit. Especially when one holds to such a lonely faith as that of the Reformed Presbyterians, or Covenanters. I am thankful and so very blessed to have access to works like A Cloud of Witnesses, and The Act, Declaration, and Testimony. When I go back and read of the struggles of our spiritual forefathers, I see Christ's stamp on their work and testimony. So, last night I was continuing to re-read the Act Declaration and Testimony, and I came across these wise words, a fit warning for us to heed today...

"Experience has, in every age, taught, that a toleration of all religions is the cut-throat and ruin of all true religion. It is the most effectual method that ever the policy of hell hatched, to banish all true godliness out of the world."

No comments: