Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm old

Man, my legs hurt! Just came back from my first full-length karate class in maybe 15 years... and I feel the difference 15 years make. My legs ache, I kicked some guy's elbow with the instep of my left foot... ouch! I was winded and sweating within 5 minutes of warm-ups! But, hey. I made it. And with some regular exercise, I'm hoping to whip back into some kind of decent shape shortly.

You know what else is getting old? My car. It's got some rust on it I need to get fixed up before I can drive it Flintstones style.

It snowed.

Tonight after family worship we had a good discussion about assurance. The kids expressed that sometimes they don't feel they're going to Heaven. And so we walk the find line of trying to provide hope, without squashing the conscience. It was a good talk, and I'm glad my children are wrestling with these things at such a young age. I'm not even sure I cared about stuff like God and Heaven when I was a kid.

I'm old.

No comments: