Friday, April 23, 2004

Friends

It's good to catch up with friends. For various reasons, over the past 2-3 years, I've had diminishing contact with almost all of my friends. Some were living far far away, others were separated by other factors. At any rate, it seems that 2004 has been the year that I get to reconnect with some good friends. The other night the Waybrights loaded into our giant blue bus and hauled over to the home of a "famouse author," her rotton-avocado buying husband, and their extended crew, for some Mexican food and chocolate. What we're we thinking to let the baby eat Mexican food ~AND~ chocolate? "Two powerful forces converge -- in Elisabeth's pants!" Oh well, at least we didn't have to drink that lime-soda stuff called Tequiza. It's also been good to see our friends from the Great White North -- come to think of it, we had Mexican food there too. Hmm... I notice a pattern developing.

Today, after I recover my vehicle (don't ask!), I'm heading to Lancaster (pronounced LANC-uh-ster, not LANG-CAST-er!) to meet up with Brother John. I told him to not bring weapons, but you never know with him. I'm thinking that maybe we should have lunch at Chi-Chi's. You know... the Mexican thing.

Wallpapering is all done (at least until next year, when my wife decides she doesn't like it anymore... again [Awk! Smile Rachel, I'm chust chokin' naw vonst]). The ultrasound last night revealed only one little blessing swimming around in there. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to settle for just one this time. ;-)

I ran spel-chequer on this post, and it suggested that I change "Waybrights" to "abrogates." Yes, well, I'll consider the name change. But for now, I'll stick with my given name.

No comments: