Saturday, April 24, 2004

Well, Duh!!!

I went to a used bookstore the other day, and I bought several copies of Luther's Small Catechism, each of them having also various additions appended to them -- whether it be supplemental explanatory questions and answers, or a copy of the Augsburg Confession. I also picked up a few things for the kids. All items were placed in the same bag. When we got home, the bag was promptly lost. Oh, the kids had their stuff... but the bag, with the books, sans the kids' stuff, was missing for a day and a half. We looked all over the place, to no avail. When we finally did find the bag with the books... hah.... boy, did we feel foolish for not being able to find it. I mean, I can't believe we didn't look in this place if not first, perhaps second or third. But, the books were ultimately found, and that's what's important. Where were they found?

In the stand-up freezer down in the basement, of course, next to the frozen spiral cut ham!

No comments: