Friday, April 30, 2004

Name-storming

It's once again time to compile a list of potential names for our pending baby arrival (mid July). So, at breakfast we asked the kids which names they liked. Calle likes the name David. Conner suggested Joshua. Other names that were suggested were Salsa, and, my personal favorite, Sausage Gravy. I guess I should have known better than to bring up the topic while we were eating. Soon to be 3 year old Daniel, who's been on this kick where he says something not nice, and then when corrected, says something equally not nice, suggested that we name the child ... get this... Pope. Now, you must understand that "Pope" is his second response after being corrected for saying "Poop." Let me give you an example:

Daniel: "Stupid."
Me: "Daniel, don't say that, that's not nice."
Daniel: "How 'bout knuckle-head?"

In the Poop/Pope case, it went like this:

Daniel: "Poop."
Me: "Daniel, you shouldn't say that, that's not nice."
Daniel: "How 'bout Pope?"

I go back and forth in my own mind as to which one is better. Either way, I'm pretty sure we won't be asking for any more input from Daniel as far as suggested names for the baby!

But since Daniel brought it up, here's Martin Luther's woodcut entitled, "Birth and Origin of the Pope."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us