Saturday, April 03, 2004

Just so we're clear

That last post, was not meant to mock anyone's problems. Death is real, and it is ugly and burdensome. My intent was not to be insensative or to minimize anyone's pains and struggles. The post was my way of dealing with the same struggles and pains, and the confusion that goes along with those struggles and pains. Things make sense, and things don't make sense, and sometimes it seems that they make sense and don't make sense at the same time -- like conspiracy theories. That someone was bombed, or assassinated, or the like, is not funny, but troubling and burdensome.... and so we search for answers with the data we have, and it can get even more confusing and yet credible, or more clear and incredible. I've felt depressed for a while now, and one of my coping mechanisms is to give myself a chuckle. I tend to laugh on the outside while I'm dying on the inside...."Even in laughter the heart is sorrowful; and the end of that mirth is heaviness" (Proverbs 14:13). If there's one thing Smokey taught us, it's that "there's some sad things known to man, but ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown, when there's no one around." I was telling the truth about the strawberries, in case you were wondering.

No comments: