Friday, March 26, 2004

The Big Bucks

Things are looking up, people! Not only is the warm weather making an appearance here today (supposed to be 70 degrees), but I also got a check in the mail as a result of a class action lawsuit filed (not by me) against Citibank. I hesitate posting this here, for fear of provoking envy, but I hope rather that folks can just rejoice with me in my windfall. I work today, but believe me, all day long I'll be dreaming either of being outside in 70 degrees, or else how I can blow my new found money! Maybe I should just put it way for the kids. The Proverbs talk about an inheritance for our children's children. Maybe I'll just save it then. Anyway, can you imagine the thrill of opening an envelope and seeing in big bold black letters, PAY TO THE ORDER OF [me].... ZERO DOLLARS AND .70 CENTS!

I hope this doesn't become a burden, like the guys who win the lottery, only to have every distant "cousin" call with some sob story about how they need a piece of the pie. BACK OFF, COUSINS! Get your own class action lawsuit. 70 degrees, 70 cents. Coincidence?

I think not!

No comments: