Thursday, March 11, 2004

Traffic

I don't know what was going on today (maybe it was the near perfect weather) but there were two, count 'em, two car accidents on my normal route to work. The second one I encountered was a run of the mill person-in-a-hurry-trying-to-pull-out-into-traffic-but-failing-to-account-for-the-oncoming-vehicle accident. The first accident I came across, however, is the one I want to focus on: a minivan drove up onto the sidewalk, up a few front porch steps, resting with it's front left tire on someone's porch, the frame being jammed on the steps pretty well. What was going on there, I can only guess (maybe the driver dropped his bottle opener?). I didn't realize a minivan was that versatile. The whole scene has given me a few ideas... I have a minivan, you know.

I hope no one was hurt in any of these particular accidents. Too many people are hurt and killed driving motor vehicles. If we all walked to work, and smoked pipes, I bet there would be far less pipe-related walking injuries and deaths than there are motor vehicle accident related injuries and deaths. Then again, that's a long walk. So, I'll be driving again tomorrow... hopefully not up somebody's porch. But like I said, I got ideas.

No comments: