Saturday, March 27, 2004

Remembering Anita



Here's the review on Amazon.com (click the pic to go there):

"The story of Anita Bento's life will lift you to new heights through the love and compassion this woman embodied. As you read the book you will be drawn deeper and deeper into the transcendent mystery that informed her life and indeed all of life. The simple, clear, straightforward style Dr. Shaak employs is so refreshing and allows the story to unfold naturally and lucidly. This book is riveting. It can transform you. It will surely help you see how truly precious life is and how full and unbounded it can be."

Dr. Shaak is my grandfather, and he wrote this book. Whether or not this book will "lift you to new heights" or draw you "deeper and deeper into the transcedent mystery" or whatever, I can't say. I haven't read it, though my wife typed it. Frankly, we get a chuckle out of reviews like this. But hey, my grandfather got a book published and the cover is pretty. Good for him. Hey Oprah (I heard she may read my blog), get him on your book club, would ya?

No comments: