Saturday, March 20, 2004

The Carpet Crew

About 6 hours late, the carpet guys showed up. Two non-English speaking guys, neither of them much taller than my 7 year old (think Herve Villachez x2 and a giant language barrier). "Is good? Okay, okay." They worked out of a van that which appears they may also live in. Now look, if I lived in Loobania, and didn't speak much Loobanian, I don't even know if I'd have the gumption to run such an operation to earn a living, so I gotta hand it to these guys. But it sure doesn't make it easy telling them what you want, or answering their questions (I THINK they were asking questions). One guy said "Medda?" I responded, "I don't understand, are you saying "middle".... maybe metal? Look, just do what you think is best." "Okay okay!" I still have a headache, but the carpet looks nice.

No comments: