Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Building a Mystery

Two mysteries solved today, one continues to haunt.

Mystery one: The hematologist has pieced together an acceptable thesis on what in the world happened to me in late December 2003 through early January 2004. I have a "Factor 5 Leiden Gene Mutation" of the heterozygous type, which makes me prone to blood clotting. Labs reveal that in late December I had a virus which attacked several organs in my body, including my liver. The liver helps produce a protein that prevents blood clotting. Decreased blood clotting stuff, plus body's tendency against effectively using that protein, equal Jerry's legs hurt like all get out cuz he's got superficial thrombophlebitis. Good news is that I won't need medication on a daily basis, though I've been advised to hit the gym 3x weekly to keep my blood moving.

Mystery two: The plumber found my wife's toothbrush, which he had just about given up on. At the last minute before he was about to get in his truck to go get a new toilet, he shook the mode until the teethbrusher fell out! So ~that's~ what Daniel flushed!

But this leaves one very disturbing mystery to haunt me....

Where is my underwear?

No comments: